My 16 new (admittedly some are not-so-new) professional crushes.
Two days ago, Behance’s 99% announced the speaker line-up for the 2012 version of their annual conference (a haven for practical creatives all over the world). Normally I would feel a bit guilty teasing everyone about this conference, which sold out almost instantly, but 99% (and many audience members) did a great job last year of live tweeting things. Just keep an eye out for #99conf on May 3rd and 4th!
image from Cool Hunting
Without further ado, the 16 speakers at this year’s 99% conference:
- Alexis Madrigal, Senior Editor of The Atlantic: The Atlantic alexismadrigal.com @alexismadrigal
- Alexis Ohanian, Co-Founder of Reddit: Reddit Breadpig @kn0thing
- Baratunde Thurston, Author of How to Be Black: How To Be Black Fresh Air Interview @baratunde
- Charlie Todd, Founder of Improv Everywhere: Improv Everywhere Charlie Todd’s blog @charlietodd
- Jad Abumrad, Host and Creator of Radiolab: Radiolab NY Times Profile @jadabumrad
- Jason Goldberg, Founder and CEO of Fab.com: Fab.com Betashop blog @betashop
- Jennifer Hyman, Co-Founder and CEO of Rent the Runway: Rent the Runway Inc. profile @Jenn_RTR
- Jonah Lehrer, Author of Imagine: How Creativity Works: Frontal Cortex blog Imagine @jonahlehrer
- Jonathan Adler, Founder of Jonathan Adler (the design company): jonathanadler.com Elle interview @jonathanadler
- Keith Yamashita, Chairman of SYPartners: SYPartners Unstuck Fast Company profile @keithyamashita
- Neil Blumenthal, Co-Founder and Co-CEO of Warby Parker: Warby Parker Time profile @neilblumenthal
- Paula Scher, Partner at Pentagram Design: Pentagram Design Metropolis profile Wikipedia Page
- Piya Sorcar, Founder and CEO of TeachAIDS: TeachAIDS Technology Review profile
- Rilla Alexander, Designer and Illustrator (and member of design collective Rinzen): Sozi By Rilla Rinzen
- Teresa Amabile, Professor (and Director of Research) at Harvard Business School: The Progress Principle Matthew May Interview @TeresaAmabile
- Tony Fadell, Founder and CEO of Nest Labs, Inc: Nest TechCrunch Interview
image from Primed
And yes, I went ahead and made a list of speakers on Twitter, so that you can learn to love them like I do.
March 9’s daily design idea is keep an eye (publicly) on the people you admire most. As social media becomes increasingly pervasive in professional settings, there are ever more opportunities for everyone to engage with their inspirations.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: 99%, Alexis Madrigal, Alexis Ohanian, announcement, Baratunde Thurston, Charlie Todd, conference, engagement, Jad Abumrad, Jason Goldberg, Jennifer Hyman, Jonah Lehrer, Jonathan Adler, Keith Yamashita, Neil Blumenthal, participation, Paula Scher, Piya Sorcar, Rilla Alexander, social media, speakers, Teresa Amabile, Tony Fadell, Twitter.